Andy | Counselling - Adults, Youth, Couples
|Send a message|
✓ I also offer online therapy
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Online Zoom Counselling
Hi, my name is Andy.
I offer counselling via Zoom (online) or Phone.
I counsel a wide range of ages, gender, and issues. I have experience with counselling ages 6 to 80 year olds using play therapy techniques as well as CBT, NT, Sand Tray and Interactive Drawing Therapy.
I specialise in Addictions, Couples, LGBTQ+, Teen, Spiritual guidance, Anxiety, and much more.
I have also worked with adults living life with mental illness working for Arataki Ministries as a Community Service Worker.
In the past I have counselled at Jigsaw North, Anglican Care, YouthSpace, Bream Bay Trust, AOD clinican for Salvation Army, Community Ministry Manager offering Counselling and Emergency services for Salvation Army, Managing Counselling Aotearoa and The Wellness CoLab. I cover a wide range of issues for example; parenting, violence, abuse, relationship issues intrapersonal relationship issues, drug and alcohol, other additions, spiritual mentoring abuse and loss.
Overview of my approach to couples therapy:
Session 3, individual session Partner B
An additional sessions might be needed in regards to more complex issues
Online therapyOnline only via Zoom or Phone.
Sessions are 45mins long as it is proven the Emotional concentration of the brain wanes considerably after this, and I want to make the best use of your time.
You will recive a email containing a link to Zoom and any capable phone or laptop with internet will be able to access it. click the link and start the session.
Qualifications and registrations
- Bachelor of Counselling from Bethlehem Tertiary institute
- Choice course facilitation,
- AOD training,
- Sexual addiction training
- Advanced Christian Ministries Cert.
- Trained in CRA (Drug and Alcohol) through The Salvation Army
- Play therapy, Art therapy with Josie Scott
- CBT through the DHB
- Suicide and self-harm counselling through Compass
- MESS NZ - Methamphetamine training - 17/11/2017
- Te Ara Oranga - Choice facilitator training - 2/2/2018
- Matua Raki - SA (CAT) - 30/10/2017
- Matua Raki - screening and brief intervention for co-existing mental health and addiction - 30/10/2017
- Keeping Children Safe, The Salvation Army 15/11/2017
- I specialise in addictions, couples, LGBTQ+, teen, Spiritual guidance, Anxiety
- Teen counselling / Youth counselling: I have Worked with young people for over 15 years. I'm interested in working with Youth and the complexities that they deal with daily that other generations fail to see.
- I have counselling experience in regards to cutting, depression, drug and alcohol use.
- ✓ Career Counselling
- ✓ Child counselling
- ✓ Coaching
- ✓ Cognitive behavioural therapy
- ✓ Counselling
- ✓ Couples coaching
- ✓ Couples counselling
- ✓ Family Therapy / Coaching
- ✓ Interactive Drawing therapy
- ✓ Life coaching
- ✓ Mindfulness
- ✓ Narrative Therapy
- ✓ Relationship Coaching
- ✓ Relationship Counselling
- ✓ Talking therapies
- ✓ WINZ Counselling
- ✓ Youth Counselling / Coaching
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Abuse
- ✓ Addiction
- ✓ Anger management
- ✓ Anxiety
- ✓ Being a perfectionist
- ✓ Being assertive
- ✓ Bereavement, grief, loss
- ✓ Body image
- ✓ Bullying
- ✓ Burnout
- ✓ Communication
- ✓ Self confidence
- ✓ Covid-19 Anxiety
- ✓ Depression
- ✓ Eating disorders
- ✓ Fear
- ✓ Feeling lonely
- ✓ Hyperventilation
- ✓ Insecurity
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Low self esteem
- ✓ Obsessive compulsive disorder
- ✓ Panic attack
- ✓ Parenting
- ✓ Performance anxiety
- ✓ Phobia
- ✓ Post-traumatic stress disorder
- ✓ Relationship issues
- ✓ Sleep problems
- ✓ Social phobia
- ✓ Stress
- ✓ Trauma
- ✓ Workplace stress
- ✓ Worrying too much
- Individual counselling: $115 per session
- Couples counselling: $140 per session
- ✓ 70+ Counsellors
- ✓ In New Zealand
- ✓ Face-to-face & Online
| Disclaimer | Privacy | Login |