Dr. Wilme Steenekamp | Online psychologist
✓ I also offer online therapy
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Online Psychologist & Online Counselling NZ
Please contact another counsellor on this website.
My name is Wilme Steenekamp, online psychologist and couples therapist.
Life can be overwhelming and complicated. We don’t always know how to go forward and tend to become stuck in traumatic experiences and unhelpful ways of thinking and behaviour patterns.
In psychological therapy, I can apply a variety of skills, knowledge and experience within a confidential and trusting relationship. Doing this, I can facilitate your process of exploring, understanding and validating yourself and help you find useful ways of changing your way of thinking, relating to others and behaving. The therapeutic relationship can be a catalyst for constructive change.
My approach is centred around building a therapeutic relationship with my client within which there is resonance and connectedness. I use a wide range of therapeutic approaches in an eclectic manner.
You're welcome for online therapy and (couples) counselling.
Online psychologist - online counselling - online relationship counselling
I am well set up to do Zoom, Skype, Whatsapp or telephonic sessions.
Qualifications and registrations
- I trained firstly as a Medical Practitioner (MBChB) in South Africa and worked as a GP for more than 30 years.
- Also trained as a Clinical Psychologist (also trained in South Africa).
- Certified Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (International training).
- Certificate in counseling at UNISA, courses in Cognitive behavioural therapy (Dr L Kroon), Hypnotherapy, Psycho-analysis (Dr JA Prinsloo), an honours degree in psychology (University of Potchefstroom), Sexology (Prof E McIntosh) & others.
- I have been in private practice for 20 years, doing both clinical work, psychotherapy, relationship therapy, group therapy, family therapy & presenting workshops to a variety of groups on a variety of subjects.
Fields of special interest:
- Loss (death – and non-death related)
- Individual growth
- Relationship problems
- Emotional impact of physical illness / procedures / injury
- Depression in males
- ASD coaching and therapy
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Abuse
- ✓ Addiction
- ✓ Anger management
- ✓ Anxiety
- ✓ Being a perfectionist
- ✓ Being assertive
- ✓ Bereavement, grief, loss
- ✓ Bullying
- ✓ Burnout
- ✓ Communication
- ✓ Self confidence
- ✓ Depression
- ✓ Eating disorders
- ✓ Fear
- ✓ Feeling lonely
- ✓ Hyperventilation
- ✓ Insecurity
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Low self esteem
- ✓ Obsessive compulsive disorder
- ✓ Panic attack
- ✓ Parenting
- ✓ Performance anxiety
- ✓ Phobia
- ✓ Post-traumatic stress disorder
- ✓ Relationship issues
- ✓ Sleep problems
- ✓ Social phobia
- ✓ Stress
- ✓ Trauma
- ✓ Workplace stress
- ✓ Worrying too much
$150 per session
Availability (Opening hours)
|Monday||5 pm - 8 pm|
|Tuesday||5 pm - 8 pm|
|Wednesday||5 pm - 8 pm|
|Thursday||5 pm - 8 pm|
|Friday||8 am - 1 pm|
- ✓ 50+ Counsellors
- ✓ In New Zealand
- ✓ Face-to-face & Online
| Disclaimer | Reviews | Login | Privacy |