Sonia Voldseth | Counsellor
|1092 Frankton Road
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
I'm currently unavailable.
I help people navigate through real life. Messy relationships, sucky jobs, heartbreak, trauma, and dreams you’ve forgotten.
I'll give you actionable tools to help you let go, find meaning, and re-gain confidence and courage. I will be your biggest supporter while we work together to heal the stuff that’s holding you back.
I will do my best to make sure you get breakthroughs, insights and empowerment. This, of course, also requires your participation, hard work and willingness to look inward.
I am experienced in working with clients on a wide range of issues, including: anger management, anxiety and fears, depression, low self-esteem, trauma, individual relationship counselling.
I am a member of the International Coach Federation.
Qualifications and registrations
Professional registrations and accreditations:
- Dip. Holistic Life Coaching – 2 years
- Juris Doctorate + certification to the Bar (U.S) – 3 years
- LLB Equivalent + certification to the Bar (NZ) – 2 years
- Bachelor of Science – 4 years
- Member, International Coach Federation
- Member, NZ Association of Positive Psychology
- Practical Application of the Latest Discoveries from Neuroscience – with Dr John Arden (Psychologist) – 2018
- Brain Development and Learning – with Nathan Mikaere Wallis (Child Counsellor, Developmental Expert and Teacher) -2006
- Depression and Suicide Prevention in Men – with Barry Taylor (NZ Suicide Expert) – 2017
- How to Work With the Patterns that Sustain Depression – with NICABM (National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioural Medicine) – 2018
The issues I most often see are anxiety, depression, stress/overwhelm, struggle within relationships, abuse and trauma.
The expected number of sessions varies depending upon whether you are looking for symptomatic relief or longer-term in depth work.
For some people, around 6 sessions is all they're looking for. For others, it may be 6 months or longer. It's best to have a chat and see what's going to work for you time-wise and financially.
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Abuse
- ✓ Addiction
- ✓ Anger management
- ✓ Anxiety
- ✓ Being a perfectionist
- ✓ Being assertive
- ✓ Bereavement, grief, loss
- ✓ Body image
- ✓ Bullying
- ✓ Burnout
- ✓ Communication
- ✓ Self confidence
- ✓ Depression
- ✓ Eating disorders
- ✓ Fear
- ✓ Feeling lonely
- ✓ Hyperventilation
- ✓ Insecurity
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Low self esteem
- ✓ Panic attack
- ✓ Parenting
- ✓ Performance anxiety
- ✓ Phobia
- ✓ Relationship issues
- ✓ Sleep problems
- ✓ Social phobia
- ✓ Stress
- ✓ Trauma
- ✓ Workplace stress
- ✓ Worrying too much
1 hour session - $130
Full address: Unit 123, Level 1 Aurum House, Terrace Junction, 1092 Frankton Road, Queenstown 9349
Availability (Opening hours)
|Monday||9am - 5pm|
|Tuesday||9am - 5pm|
|Wednesday||9am - 9pm (Evening sessions Wednesday)|
|Thursday||9am - 5pm|
|Friday||9am - 5pm|
Reviews Counselling QueenstownBelow you will find reviews about Counselling Queenstown - Sonia Voldseth
Based on 2 reviews
We worked through topics that I chose and every single session was significant and successful, because I learnt a lot about myself. I think we all have our answers inside, but sometimes we need to be open to go into deep emotions to heal our present. That's what my sessions were about.
I felt very comfortable talking to Sonia, sharing my experiences and doing exercises to have a healthy lifestyle. I'm a very happy client, thanks again Sonia for teaching me and giving me a lot of tools to heal myself.”
A wealth of knowledge, Sonia has been so extremely helpful in my journey, I cannot thank her enough!”
- ✓ 50+ Counsellors
- ✓ In New Zealand
- ✓ Face-to-face & Online
| Disclaimer | Reviews | Login | Privacy |