Linda | Applied Psychologist, Holistic Health Coach & Social Worker
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Applied Psychologist, Social Worker and Holistic Health Coach Christchurch
Are you struggling with eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, disordered eating, emotional eating ? Looking for coaching, therapy or counselling?
I'm Linda, a qualified Applied Psychologist and Holistic Health coach with a special interest in eating and body image difficulties.
- Ready to rebuild your relationship with your body and food?
- Do you not want that out-of-control and shameful feeling around food anymore?
- Are you so over hating your body and obsession about your weight?
It is my mission to help people ditch diet culture and food guilt & heal their food, body and exercise relationship.
Is this you now?
- You think constantly about and plan what you eat
- You do not feel in control around (particular) food
- You’ve tried almost every kind of diet and none have ‘worked’
- You feel uncomfortable in your own skin
- You tell yourself that once your body changes, you will be happier
- You are overwhelmed by negative self-talk and anxiety
- You want to stop thinking about food all the time but you don’t know how
And is this what you desire?
- Eating ‘normally’ without dieting and with total self-trust around all food
- No longer obsessed with food and weight loss – able to focus on bigger, better things in life
- Feeling comfortable, confident, and at home in your body – no matter what it looks like
- Feeling confident and happy again
I hold an Applied Psychology degree and I have spent the majority of my career on supporting children and their families in the area of emotional health and well-being.
In 2020/2021, I studied at The Institute for Integrative Nutrition to become a Certified Health Coach and decided to turn my own 5+ years- mess into a message for others struggling. I want to help others to overcome their body and food struggles and so Nourished For Growth was born.
I love self- development, travelling, mountain biking, full-body workouts, Yin Yoga, tennis and sharing my humour!
What will you achieve from my help?
- Be able to eat foods with moderation, without restricting, binging or emotional eating
- Silence your inner mean voice and respect and love yourself again
- No more stress or guilt around food
- Moving your body because it feels good, not because you have to
- Believe that your body is good exactly as it is in the here and now
- Get out of the all-or-nothing thinking trap
We will do this by focusing on the emotional factors behind your habits and together work on building a healthier mindset and lifestyle.
Our conversations will go beyond food, seeking to bring balance to important elements of your life such as relationships, career, and movement.
I will empower you to take charge of your health and provide ongoing support and guidance as you set goals and make sustainable changes that improve your health and happiness.
I’m there for you every step of the way!
Would you like to know more or make an appointment, feel free to contact me.
50-min online coaching sessions from the comfort of your home. It's for anyone who has limited access to support, time constraints or other obstacles. Online coaching is also very effective for those who are anxious about seeing a professional, see below a snippet from a parent.
“Online coaching has been a lifesaver. We started with camera off, lying on the bed together with me answering questions at first, and then my daughter gradually building up trust to participate. Each session it was decided if the camera was on or off - useful for the days that my daughter just wanted to lie down.”
Qualifications and registrationsI hold an Applied Psychology degree and I have spent the majority of my career on supporting children and their families in the area of emotional health and well-being.
In 2020/2021, I studied at The Institute for Integrative Nutrition to become a Certified Health Coach.
- Body image
- Eating disorders
- Disordered eating
- Emotional eating
- Binge eating
- (Chronic) dieting
- Intuitive eating coaching
- Food freedom
Be aware that your unhelpful relationship with your body and food including limiting beliefs didn’t appear over night, so it will take some time to reprogram them.
In our free discovery call, we’ll discuss which package option is the best fit for you. All prices are in New Zealand dollars and include VAT.
For children/youth between the age of 5 and 24, I can access funding for the first 2-4 sessions in some cases.
4 coaching sessions (of 50 min) via Zoom, either weekly or fortnightly - $115 per session
8 coaching sessions (of 50 min) via Zoom, either weekly or fortnightly - $100 per session
12 coaching sessions (of 50 min) via Zoom, either weekly or fortnightly - $95 per session
All packages include ongoing email/text support between sessions for any questions or concerns that come up in between our sessions.
Reviews Applied Psychologist, Social Worker and Holistic Health Coach ChristchurchBelow you will find reviews about Applied Psychologist, Social Worker and Holistic Health Coach Christchurch - Linda
Based on 2 reviews
The coaching sessions with Linda has honestly been transformative in my life.
Linda has helped me accept how I am right now rather than feeling like I have to lose weight. I’m now able to go days without thinking negatively about my body, rather than thinking about it and feeling upset 24/7.
I now feel freedom around food and exercise. I understand that I do not have to force myself to exercise which has brought back my motivation and my enjoyment.
I now focus on exercise for how I feel, rather than trying to change how I look.
She really understands what it's like to struggle with food and body image. I have a completely new perspective on life.
- ✓ 70+ Counsellors
- ✓ In New Zealand
- ✓ Face-to-face & Online
| Disclaimer | Privacy | Login |